Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sharing

I think we've figured out how to teach more people to DJ: share the equipment.

There are a few ways to do this. For example, a few dedicated DJ's could share a laptop. But our particular problem at the Tango Center is broader. We have lots of people interested in the music, but few who would like to devote time to preparing an evening.

So we'll have a shared machine nailed down to the Dj Station. Here's how it will work, from my announcement to the community, earlier today:

"Each person who's signed-up and been-trained to use the system, will have an account on the machine. There will also be a general account open for non-event times."

"We'll have all the music from Tango CD's we can find, loaded up on the machine. Each account will have access to the music on the machine. People can make Tandas & playlists, and export them to a general library, and import the tandas & playlists they want to use."

"So we'll finally have a way to share knowledge about the structure of an evening. ( I'll load up all my playlists, Tandas, Cortinas, alternative pieces etc, and all those from other DJ's I've collected). We'll have just a single piece of technology, a Mac running iTunes, so there won't be any compatibility problems, and people can group-DJ, partner-DJ, individually-DJ, or just help each other out. We'll all also get to know the music Much better. "

We have to raise the money for the machine. Stay tuned.

5 Comments:

Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

Great site!

Please check out my blog- incense

Or your my be interested in my other site- incense where you can find incense

8:28 PM  
Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

Great site!

Please check out my blog- sale

Or your my be interested in my other site- sale where you can find sale

4:03 AM  
Blogger alberthaanstra said...

Hello friend. Thanks for having me on your great blog today. Blogger should be happy to have you on board! Do you need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

7:07 AM  
Blogger Abnormaltalent-bos said...

Hi there.Im giving away Free Mp3 music Downloads from a prominent pay per song site .I figured out how to hack into their site so if you want free mp3 downloads right now just click the link and it'll take you to my site.I cant believe the response to this i've had over three thousand visitors today alone.!!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Chin Sink said...

It took me a couple of hours before I came across your site.Well, this post would be of great help to anyone who would come to read this one. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts.Smoke Incense

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home